Help us reach our Emotional Care & Life Skills Goal!
Opportunities: It is important for children and young adults from traumatic backgrounds to not only have their physical and educational needs met, but also their emotional needs attended to. Light Up Hope believes these needs are best attended to by providing professional counseling and spiritual guidance.
Additionally, participants in our Joseph’s House program are required to attend life skills classes and seminars. The classes will include the following:
◦ Emotional and Spiritual guidance and counseling by trained professional counselors, therapists and Christian pastors.
◦ Healthy Relationships-this is designed to give program participants the ability to recognize safe and healthy people and provide the tools to have safe and healthy relationships
◦ Brain Wise Healthy Decision Making-this class is designed to help participants understand why they make decisions the way that they do, how those decisions affect themselves and others, and how to ensure they are making healthy decisions for the future.
◦ Financial Management & Small business ownership- this class will provide a foundation in understanding how to manage money in a healthy way and begin exploration into small business ownership.
◦ Career Development- this class provides interpersonal communication skills that help in personal and professional relationships and also provide training in how to get a job, be a good employee, and employment longevity.
◦ Parenting- this class will discuss healthy family dynamics in parenting through discipline, how to provide love and support to children, and continue to teach ways break the cycle of poverty in future generations.
Goal: Raise $6000 in the next 12 months to pay for licensed professional counselors, supply resources, curriculum and teachers for counseling sessions, classes and seminars.