Light Up Hope is currently seeking a part-time Communications Assistant
- Basic duties include planning and implementing a social media marketing plan
- Collection and creation of content to be used for distribution to our donor base through a variety of mediums including web, social media and print.
- Graphic design experience is appreciated but not mandatory.
- Applicant must be located in the greater Denver/Broomfield/Boulder area.
If you are interested in applying for the job please contact Light Up Hope Executive Director, Kelly Little:
Full Job Description
Light Up Hope Communications Assistant:
- Paid role – $15/hour
- Time commitment – 2 hour staff meeting 2x per month (or 1 one-on-one meeting) plus 5-8 hours per week.
- Increased hours needed preceding annual fundraising gala
‣ Be creative in finding solutions to challenges as they arise
‣ Flexible attitude, much of what we are working on is forging new ground and requires a
patient and open mind.
‣ Attend staff meetings and participate in discussion and staff development activities
‣ Communicate on a regular basis with other Light Up Hope staff and volunteers as needed
‣ Uses a humble and respectful approach when interacting with our staff, international partners and donors
Communications Assistant Job Description
– Working alongside Executive Director, Director of Program Development and Director of
Operations to create and distribute content which will engage the donor base.
– Propose a plan/schedule for frequency of communications to our donors on email,
regular mail, website blog and social media.
– Manage the communications plan/schedule to ensure the content is being distributed
in a timely manner.
– Create and update weekly Facebook and instagram posts (1+ per week)
– Create and send out email (mailchimp) and/or hard copy mail items per the
proposed schedule (1+ per month). (the process of mailing hard copies would
be handled by the Director of Operations)
– Communicate directly with Kenyan staff and program participants to gather content
and photos to be used for distribution
– Communicate directly with Executive Director, Director of Program Development and
Director of Operations to project manage the creation of content for the blog and
(In example, it may at times be appropriate for you to solicit Executive Director,
Director of Program Development and Director of Operations to create content
for distribution in which case you would manage the schedule of postings/
content creation, and at other times it may be appropriate for your to write
content based off of brief updates provided by the US or Kenyan based staff)