Kelly Shaughnessy – Founder and President
Kelly has a Masters degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from the University of Northern Colorado and a B. S. in Business Administration from the University of Colorado. Kelly has experience starting and running several small businesses and has been involved with global poverty alleviation since first visiting Kenya in 2009 and through her more than 14 years working and traveling to Kenya as Founder of Light Up Hope. Kelly is also a student of Kiswahili and lover of the beautiful and diverse culture of Kenya.
Diana Mays – Chief Operating Officer
Diana has a B.S. in Fashion Merchandising and Marketing from Bowling Green State University. Diana has over 18 years of experience planning events and leading fundraising efforts for non-profit organizations. She joined Light Up Hope in 2013 and since 2015 she has taken multiple trips to Kenya to see first hand all the amazing work that has been happening.
Additionally Light Up Hope would not be possible without the loving support and hard work of our team of volunteer project managers who donate their time and skills every week to making Light Up Hope a success.
Moses Murage Ignatius – Executive Director
Moses possesses a masters and bachelor degree in education, a Bachelor of commerce (Finance), a Higher Diploma in Project planning and management and a Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation. He has 13 years of professional experience in programs working with Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs). He is an expert in program design and management, instructional development, Monitoring, evaluation, capacity building and fundraising. A true lover of sports, Moses enjoys playing and watching football alongside supporting youths in advancing their interests in the sport.
- Scevar Swaro – Deputy Director – Programs
- Nancy Karimi – Accountant
- Victoria Krop – Program Lead – Student Sponsorship
- Samwel Onsarigo – Program Lead – School Feeding Program
- Rebecca Magire – Program Lead WOVEN University Program
- Jecinta Ndanu – Mental Health Counselor
- Mary Muthoni – Program Assistant WOVEN University Program
- Brian Isalambo – Program Officer Student Sponsorship
- Eliud Kipkorir – Program Officer Student Sponsorship
- Benedict Koskei – Procurement and Admin Officer
- John Biboh – Driver and Admin Assistant
- Alensio Mukaria – Finance Officer
- Erick Topiko – Program Assistant – School Feeding Program
Light Up Hope – Africa – is a registered Non-Governmental Organization and is the Kenyan entity through which all of Light Up Hope’s programs are executed, with head offices in Nairobi.
Wendy Court, Along David Osieli Rd, Westlands, Nairobi
Seeds of Change Seeds of Change has been a major funder and collaborator with Light Up Hope since 2019 to bring high school education to talented girls from impoverished backgrounds across Kenya, to expand our Women of Vision Education iNitiative (WOVEN) providing mentorship and university education to over 100 young women, and bringing school breakfast and lunch to 50,000 children in need in Kenya.
AOEF (African Orphan Educational Foundation) Since 2019 AOEF has collaborated with Light Up Hope on bringing sponsorship opportunities to orphans and vulnerable children in primary school, high school and technical college.
Board of Directors
- Kelly Shaughnessy – Founder and President Light Up Hope
- Maureen Funkhouser – Board Chair
- Kelsey Otim
- Janessa Cole