Where is this money going anyway?
It’s a good question to ask…and we are happy to share with you. Light Up Hope is dedicated to keeping our administrative costs at or below 15% of every dollar donated. So that means all of our US Based operations – or “administrative costs” (staff, marketing, web services, travel, events) are covered with just $.15 of any dollar you donate. Any administrative costs over 15% are covered by designated administrative donations or volunteer services. So what about the other 85%? The bulk of every donation goes directly to supporting children in Kenya. We carefully track each program and project to make sure we are first providing for the monthly costs of operating Hope Children’s Home (food, clothing, caretakers, shelter and education for the children) and then hitting our goals for empowerment programs, emotional care and support, and capital projects with our partner, Candlelight Ministries and Hope Children’s Home. You can feel assured that your donation is directly impacting orphans and children in need. You can read detailed descriptions of our programs below, and keep checking back on our blog where we frequently feature stories and photos of your donations in action: providing healing orphan care and lighting a path out […]