Change the World, Serve with Friends
Click Here to apply by June 23, 2019. Board members will be notified of their acceptance in early-July.
Youth Advisory Board Description
Light Up Hope (LUH) is building its inaugural Youth Advisory Board (YAB). The YAB will provide leadership growth opportunities for outstanding high school students across the North Denver-Metro area. The specific objectives of the YAB are as follows:
- Empower students to utilize their existing leadership skills and develop new ones to help LUH advance its mission and reach within the local and global communities
- Expose students to new cultures and international development work to create learning opportunities and ignite passions for addressing global poverty and other social issues
- Catalyze relationships between the young leaders in the North Denver-Metro community and our young leaders in Kenya
Expectations for YAB Members
Youth Advisory Board members will commit to the following to support achievement of the objectives defined above:
- Sit on the board for one year, from July through June
- Attend board meetings, which will be held monthly from August to May of each year; Board members are expected to attend a minimum of 7 of the 10 board meetings each year
- Work together to plan and execute one fundraiser across the community every quarter (e.g. movie night, festival, concert, restaurant outing, etc.)
- Attend LUH’s annual gala in May and invite others to attend
Further, as members of the inaugural YAB, you will have the opportunity to help establish the processes and frameworks for the board, including monthly meeting formats, annual recruitment processes and board structure (e.g. President, VP, treasurer). We would also like to work with you to develop ideas that allow you to form relationships with our students in Kenya.
There are no specific qualifications for the YAB, other than being enrolled in a local high school. However, we are looking for strong student leaders with a passion for serving others, a willingness and excitement to learn about other cultures and an interest in growing their personal leadership skills.